Here is the recipe of Aloo- Tamatar Sabji, an easy and simple recipe that goes well with roti, poori or rice.
- 3 Cubed potatoes
- 3 Chopped or pureed tomatoes
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder to taste Salt
- 1 pinch Garam masala powder
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add asafoetida and stir for few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion, ginger- garlic pastes and potatoes.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and tomatoes along with salt.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook till potatoes are almost done.
- Add water and mix well.
- Allow to cook till the potatoes are cooked through and you get a medium thick gravy.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well.
- Serve hot with rotis.