According to hathayoga pradipika there are six cleansing techniques called shatkarmas which include dhouti, basti, neti, nauli, trataka and kapalabhati.
WHAT DOES TRATAKA MEAN?
It is a type of concentration that involves staring at a single point such as object, black dot or candle flame. It is a process of cleansing which aims at controlling the eye reflexes thus improving the eye muscles strength, vision and concentration. It is also believed to bring energy to the third eye i.e. ájna chakra’ and promote various psychic activities.
By fixing the gaze, controlling the reflexes, the mind too comes to halt. The physiology involved in this is the “control of the ciliary (blink) reflexes stimulate the pineal gland whose main function is to secrete hormone called melatonin which turn regulates the sleep cycle.
HOW DOES TRATAKA AFFECT US?
The flow of thoughts in our brain is ongoing process. Due to this 80% of our energy is wasted and our central nervous system loses its balance. But when we start mastering over Trataka sadhana gradually we start experiencing the peace of mind thereafter gradually getting rid of unwanted thoughts.
BENEFITS ATTAINED BY TRATAKA:
- Helps in building confidence, intelligence and the patience.
- Removes negative thoughts/ desires thus gives peace of mind.
- Improves concentration, memory and will power.
- Increases the work efficiency and ability to control emotional disturbances.
- Stimulates melatonin production thus,
- Decreases the aging process.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Regulates body heat.
- Regulates estrogen level among women.
- Improves sleep quality.
Now You can experience Trataka Yoga Classes through Exclusive Yoga Workshop conducted by
MRR NuLife, 50 Feet Road, Hanumanthanagar, Benglauru – 50
Exclusive Workshop on 19th and 20th August (7-8 PM || 8-9 PM)
For Registration Contact: 9071904622/7907546626/8217224840.